Wednesday, November 26, 2008

metamorphosis..

It was a short walk from home to the lab, a short one on a chilly night in eskimo attire..
a walk without a companion beside me or accompanying music..
a walk with my own self..
a walk that made me look back at life since leaving home..
a walk that made me contemplate my home away from home..
a walk that reminded me of my own journey..
a short journey from a girl to a lady..
a journey from childishness to maturity..
a journey that taught me how to cook n clean..
a journey that made me work in labs at 3 in the mornings and take calls from god forsaken strangers in the dead of the nights..
a journey that made me realise the importance of spending 50 cents and the joy of earning a dollar..
a journey that made me hide angry tears and irratioanl fears..
a journey that forced me to kill cockroaches..
a journey that made me cook for others coz i cared..
a journey that got me to swallow my pride..
a journey that pushed to call ma at ungodly hours...just to tell her that i dint mean to shout at her last year..
a journey that taught me joy of sharing, the value of giving, of friendship, of happiness, of dignity, of courage, of pain and pleasure..

in short...it has been, and is, a journey that is teaching me...life...

4 comments:

Aditya said...

Feelings very neatly and succinctly put in word..... Rings a bell actually.

PS : Wandered here from Pranava's blog.

Kartik Srinivasan said...

This is beautiful, Keerti!!
What else can I say, but that this is the heartwarming outpouring of an awakened soul...so simply expressed, without any artifice or contrivances and yet so touching...and this compliment comes from the bottom of my heart. Wish you well :)

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Staying far away from home is an experience worth it. What say?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.